CHILI CRISPY TOFU
Quick and easy airfryer crispy tofu- A quick marinade,- A trick for crispy on the outside and pillowy on the inside tofu- Topped with addictive crunchy spice. Enjoy as an appetiser or side dish, or simple on a bowl of rice for a quick and healthy meal.
- 1 Airfryer (a hot oven is also possible)
- 1 block tofu
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp five spice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp crunchy spice
- Cut tofu into 1cm thick slabs. Press with paper towel.1 block tofu
- Cut tofu again to make 1cm cubes.
- Toss with five spice, salt and soy sauce. Set aside.1/2 tsp five spice
- Mix cornflour and oil. Turn on airfryer to heat up.
- Toss tofu with cornflour and oil and place in airfryer.(Depending on type of airfryer, turn tofu after 5 minutes.)After 10 minutes check if tofu is golden and crispy. If not add more time checking in 2 minute increments.
- Remove from oven and toss with Crunchy Spice.Optional - sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and thinly sliced spring onion2 tbsp crunchy spice
Note 1. If you don't have an airfryer you can make these in your standard oven. Heat to 200deg and double the cooking time. Note 2. Purchase Crunchy Spice, or use your favourite chili crisp