Aubergine Fritters with curry yoghurt dip
Aubergenius aubergine fritters, naturally gluten free, easily made vegan (use vegan yoghurt) and full of flavour! Use these as an appetiser, for a borrel snack, or wrap up in a Naan or paratha with lettuce and tomato for a quick delicious meal.
- 2 pieces Aubergine
- pinch salt
- 100 grams Chickpea flour
- 1 cup Yoghurt (unsweetened - greek or plain) bio
- 2 tsp Curry Bomb
- vegetable oil For Frying
- 1 cup Thick greek yoghurt bio
- 2 tbsp Curry Bomb
- Slice the aubergine, about 2cm thick. Sprinkle with salt
- Mix together chickpea flour, yoghurt and curry bomb until smooth
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok, about 5cm deep to fry the fritters. Oil is ready when it's hot but not smoking (Tip: dip a wooden chopstick in the oil, if tiny bubbles appear around it the oil is ready)
- Dip the aubergine slices in the batter and then gently place in the oil.
- Cook for about 4 minutes each side until crispy and golden.
- Mix together dip ingredients, season with salt.
Photo and Recipe created by Gail Rijnten - Galley of Gail - www.galleyofgail.com