You can enjoy this as separate courses, or put everything on the table and mix and match what you eat, which is what I would do.
Turmeric, coconut, and rice flour mini pancakes. Enjoy simply topped with coconut sauce as they are or wrap in lettuce and herbs.
Heat in 180 deg oven for 10 mins or microwave.
Deep fried chicken or cauliflower wings topped with a sweet salty spicy glaze and finished with crisp garlic and coriander.
Reheat in 180 deg oven for 10-15 minutes until hot. Reheat in airfryer at 180 deg for 5-8 minutes or until hot and crispy. Drizzle over wing glaze then sprinkle with wing garnish. Enjoy!
Commonly known as rice paper rolls or summer rolls, these are fresh spring rolls wrapped in rice paper and eaten straight away. I think it’s fun to make them as you go, trying different filling mixes and mastering the art of rolling.
- Sweet Chili Prawns or Tofu
- Carrot & Cucumber
- Fresh Herbs
- Do Chua: Vietnamese pickled carrot & daikon
- Nuoc Mam Cham
- Hoisin Dipping Sauce
How to make Goi Cuon
- Fill a large bowl or frying pan with cold water and place in centre of table.
- Place all fillings and sauce in centre of table
- Place one rice paper in water until softening (seconds not minutes)
- Lie rice paper on dinner plate. It should now be soft.
- Layer ingredients in the centre of the paper, leaving space all around. Fold the bottom of the paper up and over the filling, then the side pieces into the centre (like an envelope) and finish by rolling up and away from you.
- Tip: We place the hoisin dipping sauce inside, and dip into the nuoc mam cham, but traditionally you just dip the finished roll
Banh Chuoi Nuong: A baked banana cake with a texture between pudding and flan
or Chocolate Brownie with Chocolate Ganache