I recommend you place everything in the centre of the table, building your own tacos as you go. Try exploring different flavour combinations with the toppings. (Each taco doesn’t need every topping, but of course you can)
Hand made flour torillas.
- Oven: 180deg for 10 minutes wrapped in foil.
- Microwave: wrap in damp paper towel and microwave up to 5 tortillas at a time for 30 seconds.
- Stovetop: Flip in a hot frying pan for a few seconds each side.
Keep warm tortillas in a fresh tea towel at the table.
(Note: If you’ve order this menu before you might notice the tortillas are slightly different. Let me know what you think – I used a tortilla press for these ones instead of hand rolling, they are the same weight, but a little smaller and thicker with what I think is a nice chew. Definitely happy to change though if you prefer the old ones)
– Microwave in a microwave safe container, covered with plastic wrap, until hot. Time will depend on microwave wattage.
– Oven: Use an oven safe container and cover with aluminium foil to retain the moisture. 15mins at 180deg should heat through but ensure you check it well.
– Pan fry: Fry in a small amount of oil, mixing regularly so it heats evenly.
Double cooked tofu smothered in homemade sweet sticky BBQ sauce
– Oven: Heat in a single layer at 180 deg for 10-15 minutes
– Microwave in a microwave-safe container, checking and mixing after 60 second bursts.
– Oven: Use an oven tray and heat at 180 deg for 15-20 minutes.
– Stovetop: Fry in a wide pan with a little oil to get yummy crispy bits.
Pineapple Mint Salsa
Fire Roasted Salsa Verde
A new salsa this week – tomatillos lightly roasted over an open flame to make this light zesty salsa.
What do you think? Love this one, or next time back to the red salsa?
Red Cabbage and Kohlrabi Slaw
Grated Cheese (or vegan cheese)
Mexican chocolate brownie with chocolate ganache